By Professor em. D. B. Sirdeshmukh, Professor L. Sirdeshmukh, Professor K. G. Subhadra (auth.)
The alkali halide crystals have continually been on the centre level of solid-state physics. they've been "model crystals" for checking out many solid-state theories. In contemporary many years, they've got additionally proved worthwhile in numerous purposes starting from X-ray monochromators to tunable lasers. due to this twin significance - either in simple terms medical and technological - an enormous volume of knowledge has been generated on all features of the alkali halides. this data has so far been scattered all through a number of journals and reference resources. This guide brings jointly a variety of info at the experimentally made up our minds houses of the alkali halides. a few theoretically derived parameters have additionally been integrated. all of the very important literature from 1950 to 2000 has been surveyed. delivering in one quantity all crucial info at the actual houses of alkali halides, this publication can be a worthwhile reference for solid-state physicists and fabrics scientists.
Read or Download Alkali Halides: A Handbook of Physical Properties PDF
Best physical books
For hundreds of years, actual versions were used to enquire complicated hydraulic difficulties. Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) said, "I will deal with of the sort of topic. yet to start with, 1 shall make a number of experiments after which reveal why our bodies are compelled to behave during this topic. " in spite of the present developments of mathematical numerical types, yes advanced three-d movement phenomena needs to nonetheless depend on actual version experiences.
In 1938, nearly at the eve of struggle, a Nazi excursion set out via British India on a venture subsidized through Himmler himself.
The current quantity comprises 14 contributions provided at a colloquium on "Structure and Approximation in actual Theories" held at Osnabruck in June 1980. The articles are offered within the revised shape written after the colloquium and accordingly additionally take account of the result of the dialogue on the colloquium.
The e-book summarizes our present figuring out of the ultrastructure and synaptic association of the mesencephalic trigeminal nucleus (MTN) within the cat in addition to the neurochemistry of its neuronal inhabitants. specific emphasis is given to the survey of synaptic connections and the prospective physiological involvement of MTN inputs within the transmission of proprioceptive details.
- The Unseen Universe: Physical Speculations on a Future State
- Anthropology and the Cognitive Challenge
- The Scientific Papers of Sir George Darwin: Tidal Friction and Cosmogony
- The Rise of Homo sapiens: The Evolution of Modern Thinking
- Mechanisms of Physical and Emotional Stress
- Race, Ethnicity, and Applied Bioanthropology
Additional resources for Alkali Halides: A Handbook of Physical Properties
1. 2. Being the difference of two parameters of the same order (sometimes very close), the value of~ is very sensitive to the individual values of C 12 and C44. Consequently values of ~ calculated from CiJ values from different sources show considerable differences. 3. 1.. According to one view, it is a measure of the partial ionicity. 12] showed that the difference between cl2 and c44 arises due to exchange forces. 4. Lewis et al. 1. is highly temperature dependent. 1. 2 K than at RT for Li and Na halides but is smaller for the K and Rb halides.
Born and K. Huang, Dynamical Theory of Crystal Lattices, Oxford University Press, New York, 1954. S. Solanki and J. Shanker, Ind. J. Pure and Appl. , 32, 863, 1994 Values of p 01 : for CsF from S. Haussuhl, Zeit. , 138, 177, 1973; for CsCI, CsBr, Csl from S. , 13, 685, 1960 and the rest from K. Spangenberg and S. Haussuhl, Zeit. , 109, 4, 1957. A. P. Varshni, Can. J. , 49, 3 I I 5, 1971 and references therein. , CRC Press. Boca Raton, Florida, I995-96. A. Basset, T. K. S. Weaver, J. Appl. , 39, 319, 1968.
13. 14 Values of temperature derivatives of bulk modulus B, Voigt average of shear modulus Gv. Reuss average of shear modulus GR, Voigt average of Young's modulus Ev and Reuss average of Young's modulus ER . Crystal dB/dT dGvldT dGR/dT dEvldT dER/dT All temperature derivatives in kbar deg. 1; Ref. 15 Values of the pressure derivatives of bulk modulus B, Voigt average of shear modulus Gv. 36] using data on pressure derivatives of single crystal elastic constants given in Table 2. 4 Compression Data at High Pressures 31 Notes and Comments I.