By Steven H. Voldman
With the expansion of high-speed telecommunications and instant expertise, it's turning into more and more vital for engineers to appreciate radio frequency (RF) functions and their sensitivity to electrostatic discharge (ESD) phenomena. this allows the advance of ESD layout tools for RF technology,В leading to elevated safeguard opposed to electric overstress (EOS) and ESD.
ESD: RF know-how and Circuits:
- provides equipment for co-synthesizisng ESD networks for RF purposes to accomplish better functionality and ESD security of semiconductor chips;
- discusses RF ESD layout tools of capacitance load transformation, matching community co-synthesis, capacitance shunts, inductive shunts, impedance isolation, load cancellation tools, allotted so much, emitter degeneration, buffering and ballasting;
- examines ESD safety and layout of energetic and passive parts in RF complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS), RF laterally-diffused steel oxide semiconductor (LDMOS), RF BiCMOS Silicon Germanium (SiGe), RF BiCMOS Silicon Germanium Carbon (SiGeC), and Gallim Arsenide expertise;
- offers info on RF ESD checking out methodologies, RF degradation results, and failure mechanisms for units, circuits and structures;
- highlights RF ESD mixed-signal layout integration of electronic, analog and RF circuitry;
- units out examples of RF ESD layout desktop aided layout methodologies;
- covers state of the art RF ESD enter circuits, in addition to voltage-triggered to RC-triggered ESD strength clamps networks in RF applied sciences, in addition to off-chip defense ideas.
Following the authors sequence of books on ESD, this ebook can be an intensive evaluation of ESD in RF know-how for RF semiconductor chip and ESD engineers. equipment and circuit engineers operating within the RF area, and caliber, reliability and failure research engineers also will locate it a worthwhile reference within the swiftly becoming are of RF ESD layout. furthermore, it's going to entice graduate scholars in RF microwave know-how and RF circuit layout.
Read Online or Download ESD : RF Technology and Circuits PDF
Similar radio operation books
With the expansion of high-speed telecommunications and instant expertise, it really is changing into more and more vital for engineers to appreciate radio frequency (RF) functions and their sensitivity to electrostatic discharge (ESD) phenomena. this permits the improvement of ESD layout equipment for RF technology,В leading to elevated defense opposed to electric overstress (EOS) and ESD.
Radio frequency identity (RFID) know-how is shaping the way forward for international provide chains, and clever retail buyer items businesses are looking for possibilities for complex compliance with mandates. The authors draw on their stories of operating with the industry's best providers to Wal-Mart to prepared them for RFID adoption.
This name on hand in publication layout. click on the following for additional information. stopover at our eBookstore at: www. ebookstore. tandf. co. united kingdom.
Product Description: Foreword from Arogyaswami Paulraj, Professor (Emeritus), Stanford college (USA) * the 1st ebook to teach how MIMO ideas will be carried out in todays cellular broadband networks and elements * Explains and solves the various functional problems that come up in designing and enforcing MIMO platforms.
Extra info for ESD : RF Technology and Circuits
LOCOS isolation, or shallow trench isolation), or generate additional charge 28 RF DESIGN AND ESD due to charge injection. c. MOSFET threshold measurements, ESD-induced degradation can be evaluated. c. c. degradation issues with RF MOSFETs. ’ MOSFET ‘soft breakdown’ can be induced by ESD electrical overstress. In MOSFET gate dielectric breakdown theory, evidence today demonstrates that MOSFET ‘soft breakdown’ is an early stage of MOSFET ‘hard breakdown’. Hence, observed ESD-induced MOSFET gate leakage current may be regarded as a latent failure mechanism, which can lead to MOSFET device failure.
RF ESD TESTING 29 With changes in the resistance characteristics, quality factor degradation will also occur. Q þ ÁQ ¼ Xs ; Rs þ ÁRs Changes in the RF parameters will play a role in the definition of RF product failure. In the following sections, discussion of RF ESD testing techniques and degradation in the RF parameters will be highlighted. c. and RF parameters will lead to the definition of ESD failure in the RF product. 10 RF ESD TESTING Now a days, ESD testing and qualification of semiconductor components is performed using a variety of ESD models.
Substrate, dopants, and metallurgy), structures, and device types. These types of devices vary from MESFETs, HEMT, to HBT devices. As a result, the ESD failure levels and failure mechanisms are very different. 5, a brief list of GaAs ESD-induced failure mechanisms are tabulated. 5 Indium Gallium Arsenide ESD Failure Mechanisms Indium Gallium Arsenide (InGaAs) based devices are used from lasers, photodetector to PIN diode applications. 6 shows some experimental data of ESD failure levels and failure mechanisms.